Time and again I have been asked by my juniors to talk on importance of time management.
Well I have always believed time and tide waits for none. the more you respect it the more you reach towards pinnacle of your goal.
I wonder how many people sit in a corner and daydream about having an epic adventure, having a successful career or may be achieving their zillion dreams. but do you hear them say “I do not have time” or “I’m lazy enough to do this”
Of course you are unstoppable. we all have 24 hrs in a day. what does it take for a leader to break the barriers and live his dream? and let’s think beyond these excuses.
If you ask me its his unending passion for what he loves to do
Yes, a little dreaming isn’t bad for it motivates you for next great thing you do. but it’s not just you dream and plan. it has to be turned into action.
- Imagine a mountaineer on Everest running out of time and oxygen while summit. he wouldn’t live longer to share his success to the world
- Imagine the time a student wasted on Sundays sleeping for long hours. cannot buy back the time he/she wasted during his/her most important exams
- Imagine the time you wasted without planning your goals, finances, travel etc.
- Imagine the time you wasted without spending time with family
- Imagine the time wasted on Facebook which could have been utilized to do productive work.
- Imagine the time you wasted at work place gossiping around with coworkers, coffee breaks and lunches, personal telephone calls which otherwise could have utilized to serve your customer in a spectacular way
A time is never wasted until you waste it all the time but if you can do 7/10 productive work im sure you grow at a faster pace.
Give time to
- polish your skills.
- polish your relationship with your partner
- do brainstorming on areas you are weak at and plans to improve
- rework on your creative ideas
- to love to care
- to learn, express, to think, to exercise.
Ok now how is that your peer accomplishes more than you, having used the same amount of time you have been given? maybe has zeal to achieve, focused, passionate , think about solutions
I already said you are unstoppable. what is holding you back from forging ahead and doing things that you were supposed to?
Lack of interest, enthusiasm, decision making? Prioritizing? Search for an answer within
I’m sure the more you are in control, the happier you are and lesser the stress level is
It all comes by managing your time efficiently
We all sleep for 8 hrs., eat for 2 hrs. that’s 10 hrs. gone already but what you do in remaining 14 hrs. makes the difference.
Oh yeah do you procrastinate.? read this article again. you may find the reason
PS: this post is an answer to a student who wants to get into IIT and like to know how important is time management in life.
I leave you with the note. Leaders love learning. victim love leisure-Robin sharma